SchoolMessenger allows us to stay connected with you – our parents and guardians by sending various school related messages. In order to receive non-emergency calls about situations at your students school, you must grant us permission. Opt in now!
- School starts at 8:00 AM. Dismissal will be at 3:00 PM. Drop off for students begins at 7:45 AM. and all students need to be picked up by 3:30 PM
- Please remember, School Policy is that anyone who checks a child out of school must do so through the main office and you must have an I.D.
- School t-shirts will be available for sale in the school office. They are $7.00 per shirt.
- Please Note: The school clinic can use any used school uniform items that your children have outgrown.
Student Registration InformationGarden Grove Elementary has started enrollment for the upcoming school year. To enroll in the next calendar school year a child must be 5 on or before September 1st of the current year. Before your child will be placed on a class list the following items must be brought in to the school main office.
- A current physical given within the last 12 months.
- A Florida Certificate of immunization.
- A certified copy of the child’s Birth Certificate. NOT a birth card or hospital copy. Must be official Birth Certificate.
- Social Security number for the child.
- TWO proofs of residency. the TWO proofs of residency must be from TWO DIFFERENT categories as listed below. Each proof MUST have your name and CURRENT physical address on it.
- Category 1: Apartment rent receipt or home lease agreement, mortgage document, or property tax record (last current one).
- Category 2: ONE CURRENT utility bill (may use EITHER electric, gas, phone, cable, water – ONLY ONE of these ).
- Category 3: CURRENT Voter Registration Document.
- Category 4: PROOF of CURRENT government benefits (Medicare, Disability, Food Stamps, DCF correspondence).
- NO DRIVER’S LICENSE, PERSONAL BILLS, AUTOMOBILE REGISTRATION OR INSURANCE CAN BE USED.
SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY*Garden Grove Elementary does adhere to the Polk County School Board Uniform Policy. Our school T-Shirts colors are: Navy Blue, Hunter Green and Red. You may purchase school T-Shirts in the office. They are $7.00 each. Students must wear a belt if their pants/shorts have belt loops and shirts must be tucked in.
School Public Accountability Report (SPAR)
The 2014-2015 SPAR has just been released. By law, we are required to notify parents that the SPAR is available.